Walker Kitchen Remodel
Leana will be working with Benton and Jenny Beth to create design options for a remodel of their existing kitchen. The big vision for the project is to open up the kitchen, update it aesthetically, and integrate the new design seamlessly into the space.
Below is a brief overview of the design services that will be included over the course of the project:
- Pre-Design : Document existing conditions with site measurements, photos, and existing floor plans.
- Schematic Design : Begin developing floor plan options, site layouts, material choices, and big picture ideas.
- Design Development : Finalize design, establish dimensions, select materials.
Over the course of the project we will meet regularly to discuss the design and make decisions. I will do my best to keep you well-informed about the process as we move forward.
So, what will you actually be receiving from me? I will put together a design package that will include:
- Documented floor plans of the existing kitchen.
- Several floor plans and schematic elevations of new design options.
- Optional : 3D model of the new kitchen (this would be added to the estimated design fee at the standard hourly rate).
What isn't included in my services?
- Structural or civil engineering services.
- Building cost estimate (this will be done by the contractor).
- Interior design services (finish material and / or furniture selections).
There is not a set deadline for the completion of this project, but design will begin this fall, with a goal of beginning construction work early in the new year.
The architectural design work will be calculated at an hourly rate:
Architectural Design | $40/hour
It is estimated that the total design fee for the entire project will be between $600 and $800. This fee is for design work only and does not include any services offered by other professionals, such as engineering, interior design, or construction.
A deposit of $100 will be required before design work begins. This amount will be applied to your final invoice. Once we are ready to move forward, I will send you an invoice for the deposit that can be paid either online or by check.
Note: By paying the deposit, you agree to the terms listed in this proposal.
Invoicing will occur on a monthly basis unless an alternative schedule is determined with the client. Payment will be due within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
I truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you on this project. Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
I can't wait!
Leana Fischer, Designer