Leana will be working with Madison and her husband to design and create construction documents for a remodel of their 1,800 sf home in Fayetteville, AR. The big vision for the project is to more seamlessly connect the two main areas of the house by opening up the space and updating finishes to have one cohesive look. Aesthetically, the objective is to update the look of the house with a classic / craftsman style.
In addition to the home remodel, a new garage will be designed as part of this project, along with a connection via sidewalk / porch to create a more defined entryway.
Below is a brief overview of the design services that will be included over the course of the project:
- Pre-Design : Document existing conditions with site measurements, photos, and existing floor plans.
- Schematic Design : Begin developing floor plan options, site layouts, material choices, and big picture ideas.
- Design Development : Finalize design, establish dimensions, select materials.
- Construction Documents : Produce drawings for permitting and construction.
- Construction Administration* : Oversee construction process.
* Construction Administration is optional and will be an additional fee.
Over the course of the project we will meet regularly to discuss the design and make decisions. I will do my best to keep you well-informed about the process as we move forward.
So, what will you actually be receiving from me? I will put together a design package that will include:
- All documents required to obtain a building permit and construct the project.
- 3D visuals to aid in design decisions.
- Building material samples and recommendations.
- Assistance in selecting a contractor.
What isn't included in my services?
- Structural or civil engineering services.
- Building cost estimate (this will be done by the contractor).
- Interior design services (finish material and / or furniture selections).
There is not a set deadline for the completion of this project, but pre-design (site measurements), will begin this fall, with a goal of beginning design work early in the new year.
The architectural design work will be calculated at an hourly rate:
Design (process steps 1-3) | $40/hour
Production (process step 4) | $30/hour
It is estimated that the total design fee for the entire project will be between $2000 and $3500. This fee is for design work only and does not include any services offered by other professionals, such as engineering, interior design, or construction.
A deposit of $500 will be required before design work begins. This amount will be applied to your final invoice. Once we are ready to move forward, I will send you an invoice for the deposit that can be paid either online or by check.
Note: By paying the deposit, you agree to the terms listed in this proposal.
An optional additional fee will be charged for Construction Administration :
- Construction Administration | $25/hour
Invoicing will occur on a monthly basis unless an alternative schedule is determined with the client. Payment will be due within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
I truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you on this project. Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
I can't wait!
Leana Fischer, Designer