Leana will be working with David and Heidi to design their family cabin on Beaver Lake. The building is intended to serve as a weekend getaway spot on their lakeside property. The cabin program currently includes: two bedrooms with bathrooms, large living area with a hearth and kitchen, back deck connected to the cabin, cozy loft space, storage space, laundry room, wet transition room with showers, bunk room for up to 4 bunks, sauna, secondary deck closer to the lake with fireplace / fire pit and outdoor grill.
We have met to discuss the overall process, but below is a brief overview of what can be expected:
- Dreaming: Brainstorming, program development, initial sketching, site layout.
- Designing: Design iteration, 3D modeling, plan layout, elevation and section sketches.
- Developing: Finalizing design, establishing dimensions, selecting materials.
- Producing: Producing drawings for permitting and construction.
So, what will you actually be receiving from me? I will put together a design package that will include:
- All documents required to obtain a building permit and construct the project.
- 3D visuals to aid in design decisions.
There is not a set deadline for the completion of this project, but design work will begin in January with a goal of beginning construction before summer. The project may be phased depending on budget / schedule.
The fee will be calculated based on the following hourly rates:
- Design work (process steps 1-3) | $35/hour
- Production work (process step 4) | $25/hour
It is estimated that the project fee will be between $3500 and $5000. A deposit of $500 will be required before design work begins. This amount will be applied to your final invoice. You may either write a check or pay online by clicking the button below.
Note: By paying the deposit, you agree to the terms listed in this proposal.
An optional additional fee will be charged for construction administration :
- Construction Administration | $25/hour
The estimated fee does not include the following:
- Structural or civil engineering services
- Site survey
- Interior design / styling services
Invoicing will occur on a monthly basis unless an alternative schedule is determined with the client. Payment will be due within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
I truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you on this project. Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
I can't wait!
Leana Fischer, Designer